Job Description: Junior Assistant Superintendent
Company: The Club at North Halton
Location: Georgetown, Ontario
Job Category: Assistant Superintendent
Job Type: Full time
Salary: $$48 000 - $55 000 - Annually
Junior Assistant Superintendent
The Club at North Halton is a private 18-hole parkland style, par 72 golf course. North Halton’s beautiful landscaped grounds incorporate the natural beauty of our tree lined fairways, wooded ravines and natural foliage all set in the majestic valley of Georgetown. Designed and groomed to challenge every golfer, North Halton offers its membership one of Ontario’s finest golfing experiences.
Position to be Filled: Junior Assistant Superintendent
Position Description: The Club at North Halton is seeking the right candidate to join our high-performance leadership team. This individual will work closely with the Superintendent and Senior Assistant in the day-to-day operations of the turf department. This candidate needs to be focused on the betterment of the club by being a strong leader, detail oriented and a team player. This position requires a strong buy in to the club’s vision to help us get to the next level. Solid communication with the ability to listen to staff and the membership will help you coach our team to strive for the best possible conditions.
- Collaborate in morning meeting to discuss the daily plan to achieve optimal efficiency.
- Train and coach employees in equipment and job tasks
- Assist the team during course setup to ensure the course meets the expectations of its members for the days play.
- Water management – monitor and irrigate where and when needed.
- Irrigation auditing and repair
- Calibrate fertilizer spreaders and sprayer, apply chemical and fertilizer when required.
- IPM monitoring and record keeping.
- Diploma in Turfgrass Management or equivalent
- 2+ years in golf course experience
- Valid Pesticide License or willingness to obtain
- Valid Driver’s License
- Chain saw certificate (not required, but is an asset)
- Efficient in Google Suite
- Full time Year-round position
- Salary based on experience
- Association Dues (OGSA + 1 of your choice)
- Professional Development opportunities
Resume Submission Deadline: January 31st 2023
Contact: Ken Tilt at firstname.lastname@example.org